Scope of this Privacy Statement
Collection of Personal Information
We may also use and allow third parties to track your browsing history profile. Such tracking will allow NCCCO to offer you specifically tailored services and products with appropriate user consent, where necessary (both of NCCCO and its third party partners). No personally identifiable information will be shared with any third party without your consent.
Types of Information Collected
User Information. In addition to the above personal information, we collect standard information about NCCCO users such as:
- Email address and NCCCO Password.
- IP addresses, browser type and your operating system.
- Pages visited on the Websites referring and exit pages, and the dates and times of the visits.
- Financial information, such as your credit/debit card number or other billing information for purchases.
- Any additional information relating to you and your use of the Websites, Apps or NCCCO Services that you provide to use directly through the Websites, Apps or NCCCO Services.
- Location data and other information about devices used to access and interact with the Websites or Apps.
- Information that you make publicly available or publicly post using tools made available on the Websites or via the Apps.
Your information may also be supplemented with additional information from other sources, including publicly available sources.
Use of Personal Information
We will treat the information we collect as confidential. We will not share Personally Identifiable Information about you without your consent. We may share information collected from you that does not identify you or an individual with third parties, including advertisers and potential business partners. We may also share data that does not identify an individual user:
- To fulfill the services and products you request from us.
- To operate and improve the Websites, Apps and NCCCO Services available to you through NCCCO, including developing new features and products.
- To communicate with you, respond to your requests and manage our relationship
- To personalize the products and services provided to you.
- Measure performance of the products and NCCCO Services
- To allow you to participate in contests and surveys. NCCCO may co-sponsor promotions with other companies, in which case any information collected is likely to be shared with other participating sponsors.
- To send you marketing notices including promotions of our products and services. You can opt-out of communications from NCCCO at any time (see control of personal information below).
- For internal purposes, which may require the transfer of such information to other NCCCO affiliates for administrative purposes, for technical maintenance purposes, the marketing and promotion of products and services that might be of interest to you.
We may disclose your personal information when we reasonably believe that it is required by law, a duly authorized court order, or legal process, and to protect and defend the rights and interests of NCCCO, its affiliates, suppliers, or users. If we are required to disclose your information, we will attempt to provide you with advance notice, unless we are prohibited from doing so by law.
In some circumstances, we may use third party contractors to perform these services on our behalf. In such circumstances, we will only provide the contractor with the information needed to perform the services (for example, name and address if a contractor is delivering a product to you), and all contractors will be required to agree to confidentiality obligations with respect to your personal information.
Control of Personal information and Opt-Out Options
NCCCO values the accuracy of the information you provide. All users can confirm, change, or update personal information you have provided to us by contacting NCCCO.
If you want to opt-out of communications from NCCCO, you can do so by contacting NCCCO. If you change your mind, you can opt-in again by contacting NCCCO. When you opt-out of promotional communications from us, you may still receive service messages (such as an order confirmation) and legally mandated notices.
Security of the Information We Collect
We take commercially reasonable precautions in an effort to protect your information against security breaches. For example, we store personal information in a secure, limited access facility, and we use industry-standard firewalls and security software designed to protect the security and integrity of your Personal Information. However, this is not a guarantee that your information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. By using the Websites, Apps and NCCCO Services, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
Protection of Children's Privacy
NCCCO.org is a general interest website, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children. If you are under 18, you are not permitted to use the Websites or Apps. Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and the General Data Protection Regulation, the Websites and Apps are not intended for use by anyone under the age of 18 (COPPA's minimum protections are for minors 13 years of age or under). NCCCO does not knowingly collect personal information from children through this Websites or Apps.
Cookies.When you visit the Websites or Apps, a cookie may be saved on your computer (if your computer accepts cookies), and if you return to the Websites or Apps the cookie may be read. A “cookie” is a small text file placed on the user’s hard drive to track usage of the Websites or Apps and collect basic information, which may include certain of your preferences.
If you would like to avoid cookies, your web browser may have an option that enables you to disable or not accept cookies. It should be noted, however, that should you disable or not accept cookies, portions of the Websites or Apps may not properly function.
Web Beacons.We may also use web beacons, clear gif technology, or action tags as mechanisms to collect aggregate site visitation data by tracking how users navigate to and through our Websites. We may also use this technology to track the delivery of HTML email messages. Data collected through this mechanism is not linked to personal information. A web beacon is an electronic image and string of code that is imbedded in a web page or email which allows us to track web page views/hits or the opening of an email containing a beacon. We may use web beacon in conjunction with cookies to track web site activity on www.nccco.org. Web beacon tracking by NCCCO does not identify the name or email address of the web user or mail recipient.
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Data
If you are a resident of the European Union or the State of California, or a jurisdiction that has adopted similar laws regarding your personal data, you have the following rights:
- You have the right to request an accounting of all Personal Information that we have that pertains to you, and to be delivered copies of such information in electronic format (e.g., electronic copies of information attached to an email). We reserve the right to transmit information to you in a manner that complies with all applicable laws.
- You have the right to request that we change any Personal Information that pertains to you that is inaccurate.
- You have the right to request that we delete some or all Personal Information that pertains to you. We reserve the right to carry out such a request in a manner that complies with all applicable laws, such as laws concerning record retention. Note that fulfilling this request requires us to delete Personal Information in our possession, but that this right does not extend to Personal Information that has already been lawfully shared in accordance with this Policy.
- You have the right to request that we cease processing any Personal Information that pertains to you. Note that fulfilling this request requires us to cease processing Personal Information that pertains to you in the future, but does not apply to lawful processing that has already occurred in accordance with this Policy.
- You have the right to exercise all the rights afforded by this Policy without fear of retaliation or discrimination. This means that we treat Users who exercise any of the rights under this Policy the same as Users who do not.
To exercise any of the rights explained above, contact NCCCO Customer Care. Once we have received notification that you withdraw your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose(s) to which you originally consented unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for further processing which override your interests, rights, and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
If you believe that we have misused your personal data, you also have a right to lodge a complaint with a national Data Protection Authority. Each European Union member nation has established its own Data Protection Authority; you can find out about the Data Protection Authority in your country here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
When you use our Websites or Apps, third parties may collect data about your mobile device in order to serve ads on other apps or websites that are tailored to your interest. This practice is known as ‘interest-based advertising.’ Examples of data that may be collected includes: IP addresses, identifiers associated with your mobile device (also called ‘Advertising Identifiers’), or any ads that you click while using our app. If you wish to opt out, please click here for instructions.
We are providing you with this information and ability to control these setting in accordance with our commitment to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self Regulatory Principles. To learn more about the principles, please visit http://aboutads.info/consumers/.
Links to Other Websites
Our Websites may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites, and we encourage you to review the policies of each site you use. We cannot control the actions of such third parties or be held responsible for their use of any information that you provide directly to them.
Legal Bases for Processing Your Information
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information:
- Performance of a contract – If you choose to make a purchase through the Websites or Apps, we need to collect and use your personal information to perform our agreement with you.
Transfer and Processing of Data
For users within the United States, we process data in data centers located in the United States. We have adopted reasonable physical, technical, and organizational safeguards against accidental, unauthorized, or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, access, use, or processing of user data in our possession. We comply with state and federal laws governing the protection of personal information.
Data Retention and Deletion
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and processed, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, accounting or reporting requirements.
When assessing these periods, we carefully examine our need to collect personal information at all and if we establish a relevant need, we only retain it for the shortest possible period to realize the purpose of collection unless law requires a longer retention period.
DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURE
NCCCO does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, your browser may be able to set the DNT signal so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked.
Third parties that have content embedded on the Websites or Apps such as a social feature may set cookies on a user’s browser and/or obtain information about the fact that a web browser visited the Websites from a certain IP address. Third parties cannot collect any other personally identifiable information from the Websites unless you provide it to them directly.
We welcome your input on our privacy statement. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding our privacy statement, please contact NCCCO.