Test Center Testing (TCT) allows candidates to take CCO written exams at a network of nearly 600 testing centers via computer. Benefits of TCT include:
- Flexibility in scheduling and rescheduling
- Immediate score reporting*
- No late application or rescheduling fees
* Preliminary results will be available immediately. All results and test administration are subject to review and approval following standard testing protocols.
What Does TCT Look Like?
Candidates take exams via a computer at TCT authorized test sites. Exams that require supplements (e.g., load charts) or calculators have these available on-screen. In place of scratch paper, candidates may use a physical whiteboard/dry erase board up to 8.5 in. x 11 in. or an on-screen whiteboard that is built into the exam.
CCO has prepared a video demonstrating how the testing platform works:
Through the myCCO Portal, candidates have access to a demo exam at no cost. This demo exam is intended to provide a test simulation experience. Candidates have the opportunity to familiarize themselves with how to navigate through the exam and use the on-screen tools, including how to:
- Answer questions
- Navigate through questions
- Use the on-screen calculator
- View and navigate supplements
- Use the whiteboard
- Record notes
- Highlight and strike through text
- Mark items for review
- Provide comments on questions or the exam
Fees for all exams as well as any related fees can be found at www.nccco.org/fees
How to Apply
- Go to my.ccocert.org and login or register for an account.
- Once logged in, submit an online application and pay for the exam(s).
- Allow two business days for your application to be processed.
- Once your application has been processed, you will receive a scheduling authorization email. Exams you’ve been approved to take will show in the myCCO portal and mobile app as “Upcoming Exams.”
- Log into your myCCO portal to schedule the date, time, and location of the exam.
- Once scheduled, you will receive a CCO appointment confirmation.
Candidates may schedule exams at their convenience by logging onto their myCCO Portal and clicking “Schedule or Manage My Exams.” Candidates must schedule exams at least two days prior to testing.
Rescheduling, Cancellation, or Withdrawal
- Candidates may reschedule or cancel their exam appointment at no cost up to 48 hours prior to the testing appointment time.
- Cancellation of an exam appointment in done online by logging into the myCCO Portal and click “Schedule or Manage My Exams.”
- Note that candidates who scheduled testing through TCT are able to cancel and reschedule through OPT or EOT if they so choose, at no additional cost.
- Candidates who decide not to take exams, miss their appointment, do not cancel at least 48 hours prior to their appointment, or do not test within six months of application submission will forfeit their fees.