October 13, 2020—The National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO) is honored to announce that 25 industry experts have been selected to develop a new certification program for concrete pump operators.
In response to numerous requests from industry, NCCCO is developing this program so that users can garner the same increased safety benefits that users of other load handling equipment have seen through certification.
The task force includes both experienced NCCCO contributors and new experts with more specialized knowledge, including those from unions, rental firms, training companies, construction contractors, safety consultants, insurance, and regulatory authorities:
- Keith Bauer, Encore Concrete Pumping
- James Bury, Construction Forms, Inc.
- Jacob Bynum, Big Johnson Concrete Placement, LLC
- Jennifer Crow, Scheer.Law PLLC
- Arthur Fink, Joseph J. Albanese
- Joseph Forlenza, IUOE Local 15
- Thomas Gordon, IUOE Local 14 - 14b
- Joshua Gribble, Ralph’s Concrete Pumping, Inc.
- Lucas Humphrey, Train for the Crane LLC
- Daryl Jordan, All Crane Rental of Georgia
- Greg Key, Western Concrete Pumping, Inc.
- Stephen Koleno, Western Pennsylvania Operating Engineers
- Lonnie Land, IUOE Local 701
- J. Matt McDonald, Blanchet Concrete Pumping, LLC
- J. Paul McDonald, Miller and Long Concrete Construction, Inc.
- Shane Moore, Morris-Shea Bridge Co., Inc.
- Clint Nichols, Liebherr USA
- William Olson, Lunda Construction
- Clint Price, Brundage-Bone Concrete Pumping
- Kyle Rask, NationsBuilders Insurance Services
- Michael Schultz, Capital Pumping
- Lee Roy Thompson III, Champion Concrete Pumping, Inc.
- Randy Waterman, Concrete Pumping Holdings, Inc.
- Tyler Wood, McClure Concrete Inc.
- Mark Young, Brundage-Bone Concrete Pumping
Like all other certification programs that NCCCO has developed, this new Concrete Pump Operator program will be built according to the same strict psychometric standards that are a hallmark of all NCCCO’s certification programs, resulting in a certification process that will be fair, valid, reliable, and legally defensible.