Plus NCCCO co-sponsoring not-to-be-missed crane & rigging seminar program
November 2016—For CONEXPO 2017 NCCCO is reprising its Lift Safety Zone and adding new features to make a visit to its indoor and outdoor exhibits even more compelling.
With a focus still firmly on the safe operation of cranes and lift equipment, the Lift Safety Zone (LSZ)—co-hosted by the National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO) and the International Powered Access Federation (IPAF)—once again takes up position in the center of crane activity in the newly expanded Gold Lot.
Ground Conditions: Ignore them at your peril is the theme this year which will feature graphic evidence of how ground-bearing pressure changes as a crane swings. Live CCO crane and rigging practical exam demonstrations, along with crane and aerial lift safety advice, complete the line-up along with an opportunity for visitors to try their hand at tasks from the CCO mobile practical exam, but with a twist!: this time visitors will be able to experience these tasks through the very latest in virtual reality technology.
With onsite test scoring and instant results, NCCCO is also presenting its Come to CONEXPO—Leave CCO Certified! program that has proved so popular at past events. New candidates and existing certificants alike will be given an opportunity to take a wide variety of OSHA-recognized and ANSI-accredited CCO written, practical, and recertification exams and, if successful, to walk away CCO-certified.
Additionally, practical examiner workshops for many CCO programs will be conducted onsite before and after the exposition for those seeking to be qualified to administer CCO practical examinations.
Continuing the safety theme, CONEXPO also offers more than a dozen education opportunities in its crane and rigging track. With NCCCO’s assistance, this debuted at the last event to outstanding response from the industry. Once again featuring the most renowned experts in their field, the seminars all promote best practices in construction lifting activity and illustrate the need for trained and qualified personnel to do this work.
“CONEXPO/CON-AGG provides an excellent opportunity for expo attendees to earn or renew their CCO certifications while attending one of the largest events of its kind in the world,” noted NCCCO Director of Operations, Joel Oliva.
The once-every-three-years equipment showcase, to be held March 7–11, 2017, in Las Vegas, NV, will feature over 2,500 exhibitors and is expected to draw over 130,000 attendees.
NCCCO’s activities at CONEXPO/CON-AGG 2017 will include:
- Lift Safety Zone (G-4301)—in the Gold Lot, with live CCO crane and rigging practical exam demonstrations, focus on ground conditions, crane and aerial lift safety advice, and the very latest in virtual reality crane experience.
- NCCCO Information Booth (GL-10878)—located in the North Hall Lobby, just across from the Gold Lot, will have full information about all CCO certification programs and all of NCCCO’s activities around the exposition.
- Certification Examinations—CCO written, practical, and recertification exam administrations. Come to CONEXPO—Leave CCO Certified!
- Practical Examiner Accreditation Program Workshop—PEAP workshops for most CCO programs will be held before and after the main exposition.
- Educational Seminars—seminars delivered by internationally renowned experts delivering solid advice for best practices in crane and rigging safety