June 25, 2020—As most jurisdictions across the US continue to open in a phased approach, NCCCO remains diligent in monitoring COVID-19 information coming from national, state and local authorities.
Please note the following developments related to computer-based testing (CBT):
CBT Site Availability
As of today, PSI has opened nearly all of its owned and operated sites. Third party sites continue to open across the country. Some sites continue to operate at limited capacity to ensure social distancing requirements are met. You can find real-time current availability of sites usable for NCCCO testing here. In addition, PSI has made available a list of open sites and a notice regarding availability here (note: not all of these sites may be available for NCCCO testing).
Because some sites are operating with reduced availability to ensure the health and safety of candidates as well as PSI employees, PSI has increased the number of appointments available where possible.
The best time to determine availability is during the scheduling process. To schedule an exam, submit your CBT application online and, within two (2) business days, candidates will receive an email from PSI with instructions about scheduling online or through their call center. Candidates are encouraged to utilize the online scheduling system to schedule or reschedule the date, time, or location of their exam.
Because of the variables that go into site openings across jurisdictions, there have been cases of PSI site closings on short notice after re-opening. Candidates are encouraged to check email and voicemail before heading to a testing center, as PSI utilizes these methods to reach out to candidates who may be affected by sudden closures.
CBT Test Center Safety
PSI has implemented several policies at their test centers to keep candidates and employees safe and minimize disruptions to testing services.
- Once scheduled for an appointment, candidates will be emailed a short health questionnaire which they are required to bring with them to their CBT appointment. If a candidate forgets this form, PSI will provide one at the testing center. Candidates who answer “yes” to any question will be required to reschedule.
- Candidates will be required to wear a face covering while inside testing centers. Candidates will be asked to remove the mask briefly during check-in to verify identity and take a photo. Candidates who do not wear a face covering will not be permitted to test.
- Candidates may wear gloves during testing. Gloves will be examined during the check-in and check-out process for security.
PSI Employee Precautions
- Test center staff are required to wear face masks, and provided with hand sanitizer, and antibacterial wipes. Note that PSI does not provide face masks for candidates.
- In order to adhere to social distancing guidelines, candidates may be asked to wait outside of the building for a brief period of time before check-in.
Test Center Procedures
- Signage regarding PPE requirements and social distancing protocols is displayed prominently throughout the test center. Candidates are expected to comply with all site procedures.
- Seating availability has been reduced in certain testing centers based on various jurisdictional orders or guidelines.
- Testing equipment is wiped down thoroughly with antibacterial wipes after each use.
- High-touch areas, including but not limited to, keyboards, desktops, chars, door handles, check-in stations, and writing instruments are sanitized after each use.
PSI has created a Frequently Asked Questions document regarding sites, safety, and sanitation.
Of course, NCCCO staff remains available to all stakeholders to answer any questions or address any concerns. Please feel free to contact us at any time.