The following are sample test questions typical of the style and content of the questions used in CCO Written Examinations.
- The reason for using blocking under the digger derrick’s outrigger pads is to:
- Shorten the length of the outrigger extensions
- Decrease the applied ground pressure
- Raise the digger derrick in order to reach higher
- Extend the tipping axis of the digger derrick
- Which function could cause the shackle/hook to contact the boom tip?
- Raising the boom
- Rotating the boom
- Extending the boom
- Retracting the boom
- It is always the operator’s responsibility to:
- Know the load weight before lifting
- Assure that a suitable digger derrick has been assigned to the job
- Designate a qualified signalperson
- Supervise the rigging crew
- According to ANSI A10.31 who is permitted to operate a digger derrick?
- Employees with a valid CDL
- Ground worker
- Trained and authorized personnel
- Where shall the digger derrick operator’s manual be located?
- On the digger derrick vehicle
- On the service truck
- In the supervisor’s truck
- At the office
- Using configuration listed below, what is the farthest radius a 3,125 lb. load can be set over the rear of the digger derrick (see load charts)?
|Second Section: ??
|Boom Angle: N/A
|Third Section: ??
|Rigging: 75 lb.
|Load Line: 1-part
|Jib Length: N/A
- 26.9 ft.
- 27.5 ft.
- 36.2 ft.
- 36.4 ft.
Click here for answers.