Position Title: COMMITTEE LIAISON/MEETINGS COORDINATOR
Reports to: Director of Operations
Position Description: Manage affairs of NCCCO volunteers and subject matter experts regarding their participation in NCCCO Committee meetings. Organize and manage all meetings and industry events that NCCCO hosts and/or participates in.
Primary Duties (Committee Liaison):
- Acting as primary liaison for all NCCCO volunteers.
- Maintaining volunteer database and all documents where contact information is contained (e.g., Committee rosters, name badges, table tents).
- Managing all volunteer records (e.g., Task Force/Committee, Commission applications, resumes, signed NDAs).
- Communicating with volunteers and applicants for volunteer positions regarding their membership status.
- Maintaining the meeting attendance files for all volunteers.
- Monitoring calendar to ensure sufficient marketing materials are available for full coverage at all scheduled events.
- Maintaining records for all meeting Minutes.
- Updating NCCCO Meetings and Events Calendar for all NCCCO activities.
Primary Duties (Meetings Coordinator):
- Coordinating logistics for NCCCO meetings (between 10 and 100 attendees), including:
- Overseeing creation and assembly of standard meeting documents (e.g. meeting folders).
- Scheduling meetings and selecting venues together with lead staff member responsible for meeting/event.
- Coordinating with meeting hosts on logistics matters.
- Negotiating with hotel/event space representatives in contract matters.
- Monitoring budget for meetings.
- Conducting site visits as necessary.
- Coordinating logistics for industry exhibitions, conferences and meetings ranging from small regional events (~50 attendees) to major globally recognized events (~100,000+ attendees) in which NCCCO participates, including:
- Acting as primary point of contact for event host including managing show deadlines, booth selection, and ordering additional services (e.g. electricity, custom booth furnishings).
- Managing logistics for NCCCO representatives at events including event registration, travel, and lodging.
- Assisting staff lead in determining the marketing materials to send to exhibits.
- Overseeing outbound/inbound shipping procedures and packing/unpacking of materials.
- Communicating with hosts/vendors regarding registration, booth assignment, services needed, and meeting logistics.
- Providing support services to other program areas (including attending events/booth duty) as needed.
Position Location: NCCCO Headquarters Offices, Fairfax, VA. Occasional travel required.
Essential Skills and Competencies
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively, efficiently, collaboratively, and professionally with subject matter experts and staff at all levels of the organization as well as key industry stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Establish and maintain a working relationship with committee chairpersons and members.
- Excellent organizational, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including:
- Demonstrated skill in writing concise, logical, and grammatically correct emails, letters and reports in accordance with NCCCO house style.
- An outstanding attention to detail in all functions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and database (e.g. FileMaker) management programs.
- Ability to maintain positive attitude under stress.
- Fluency in English (proficiency in Spanish an advantage).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, certification, or equivalent in related field of work required; graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum seven years of full time work experience with a certification organization, industry association or similar, with a record of successfully working with staff, volunteers and vendors.
- Experience in nonprofit or association environments preferred.
Salary: Full-time position, with a salary commensurate with experience, education, and market rates, plus an exceptional benefits program.
Required: Full résumé with a cover letter/essay indicating in 100 words or more what has prompted you to apply for this position and why you believe you would be successful in it.
Applications: Please email your résumé and cover letter/essay, along with salary history and requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter/essay will not be considered. No telephone calls please.
NCCCO is an equal opportunity employer.